HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR SUCCULENT(S)
In botany, succulents (derived from the latin word sucus meaning juice or sap) are plants that have some parts that are more than normally thickened and fleshy. Many succulents come from dry areas such as steppes and deserts. High temperatures and low precipitation force these plants to collect and store water in order to survive dry periods.
Here are some basic tips to care for your succulents.
- If taken care of properly, you can expect your succulents in boxes or to survive for 4-12 months and up to 3 years if planted outdoors.
- When succulents are indoors, it can be hard for them to get enough sunlight. Most succulents prefer about 6 hours of sun per day. Try to keep your plants as close to a window as possible but be careful not to let them get sunburned! If your succulents aren't getting enough light, they will start to stretch towards the light in search of nutrients.
- If you are in a place with cold winters, we recommend you bring your succulents inside before it snows. Most succulents are dormant during the winter. They need a period of cold to help them produce better blooms in the spring and summer.
- Succulents should be watered every 2-4 weeks depending on sun exposure. Moisten the soil thoroughly and then allow the soil to dry out completely before watering again.
- Don’t worry if your succulent starts changing colors, that is part of the beauty of the species.
HOW LONG WILL MY ORDER TAKE TO RECEIVE?
As each of our items are "made to order" - our standard lead time is 1-2 weeks, with custom orders taking up to 4 weeks. We ship all items via UPS ground and depending what part of the country you live in, transit times vary. If you need a rush order, please contact us so that we may assist you with your request.